Thursday, September 9, 2010

My 1st nursing cover.

I made this wonderful nursing cover. I had bought one but the darn thing was so hard to nurse with. I couldn't see C because the darn neck wouldn't stay up. I really need to work on making the "inside" of things look good but I'm ok with just the outside looking good ;) This is a extra wide nursing cover because I'm not a petite woman LOL. The first picture is a close up of the cool fabric I used. I had it for awhile but couldn't figure out what to do with it. It worked out great for this. I used

1 1/2 yards fabric
thread
2 D rings
about 1/4 yard corset boning (the stiffest you can get in white)
*length of area between bra straps and add about 1 inch*

I just started sewing without a pattern but got the general idea from Blisstree

It took me about half an hour (ok a little longer with stopping to play with A and feed C).



No comments: