Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Do you know your lips move when you read?"

What is your favorite book (fiction or non-fiction)? What makes it so important to you?

I dont really have a favorite per say, I have favorite authors. I read A LOT. Like a freakish amount really. I love books. Fiction books mostly. I have many favorites. Anything by Nora Roberts, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Rachel Caine, V.C. Andrews, or Charline Harris I will grab and read in a few hours. All books are important to me. As a child they were my way to escape life (namely my bratty brothers LOL!), as an adult I would rather read then watch a movie. The thing about reading for me is that I actually see in my mind everything that is happening like a movie. When I read a really good book my hubby knows it because he will ALWAYS say "Your talking to your book!, Your lips are moving again!, NO What???, What did you say?" or any variation of those comments. See the problem when he speaks to me when I'm reading is that I don't hear his words. Remember Peanuts mom, "Wah,Wah,Wah,Wah...", Ya that's what I hear. I'm not trying to tune him out it just happens when I'm that deep into a book. I do always hear my daughter though (Explain that one!). Reading is my ME time, I dont get a lot of that being a stay at home mommy. I just need that time to get out of my head and recharge a little sometimes.

No comments: