Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who inspires me?


A lot of people inspire me. My husband inspires me to take care of my family, my daughter inspires me to see the world through a child's eyes, my father inspires me to work hard and love my family, my mother, well some days she inspires me to pull my hair out and then make a craft out of it. My all time biggest inspiration was my Gram. My Grandmother was a huge inspiration to me. She loved her family and was the glue that held us all together. Its been 2 years this month since she passed away and I miss her everyday. I still pick up the phone to call her only to realize that the stranger on the other end got her phone number that she had for 50 years. She was the person who showed me that there were great joys to be found just around the house and it was the simple things that mattered. I remember going to her store and seeing all the people that would come in just to see and speak to her, she had a kind word for everyone. She was the one to teach me manners and to respect my elders. I hope I can instill those values and morals in my daughters. If I manage that I have had an impact on their lives. She was so happy when Addison was born. The only stop we made on the way home from the hospital was her house because she couldn't make it to the hospital. I have never felt prouder then when I could show her my daughter and tell her that I loved her more then the world. I hope she looks down and is as proud of me as a granddaughter as I am of her as a Grandmother and person.

1 comment:

char_char said...

Very touching. I think that is wonderful how much you respect your grandmother and take in what she has shown you. :)