Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy Busy Busy Time!

So I dont even know where to start with what is going on in my life right now and I feel like it is all good. My BF Candi and I are starting a Youth Community Theater Program here in Risingsun. So far the response has been AWESOME! We are going to be picking a play here very soon and starting the whole "play" aspect of things. I'm super excited for this. I wanted a way to become more involved in my community and this is just perfect. Our program is going to be all about teaching children respect, which is seriously lacking in my opinion in our community. Hopefully it goes well. By starting Risingsun Youth Community Theater we are able to help a family who means the world to our community. This family (I know the mother best) has been VERY involved in our school district's music programs for a VERY long time. Amy C was my high school show choir choreographer. Their family just lost their home on Tuesday and we are going to be hosting a Talent Show benefit early next month. Because of this families involvement with music I think this could be the perfect way to show them that our community cares for them and get the Youth involved in helping out. I also went to a scrapbooking event all day today that our Ladies Fire Auxiliary hosted today to help 2 local Charities, The Davis Family (Son is very ill to help with medical or travel expenses)and God's store house (our local food bank). We raised about $126 for each today. I love that I feel like I am getting a life again.

No comments: